Now more than ever we need your support to protect the health of all New Yorkers.
We are working tirelessly to protect the health of all New Yorkers during these strange and troubling times. Our commitment to public health guides our work every day.
Funds raised through the Epidemics Fund will be directed towards critical emerging needs identified by the Health Department to fight the COVID-19 outbreak during this time. These include:
- Expanding mental health resources for New Yorkers struggling with stress and anxiety
- Supporting capacity and infrastructure for response efforts and immediate needs as they evolve
- Maintaining effective communications, including combating the spread of misinformation and stigma
- Supporting a buddy program to call isolated older adults and people with disabilities to check in
- Ensuring that vulnerable New Yorkers have access to the care and programs they need.
As the nonprofit partner to the New York City Department of Health, FPHNYC is uniquely positioned to ensure your donation goes to the areas of greatest need during this outbreak.
Your gift allows us to better prepare for crises by providing flexibility to meet both urgent and planned needs that would not otherwise be readily available. Thank you.
Contributions in support of the Fund for Public Health in NYC (FPHNYC) will not affect any current or pending business before the City of New York or provide special access to any City official. Epidemics Fund contributions will be used to address current, future and ongoing epidemics. FPHNYC will make every effort to use funds as part of the Epidemics Fund. However, under the direction of the Board of Directors, FPHNYC retains complete control over the use and distribution of donated funds in the furtherance of its mission.