Request for Proposals (RFP)
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC), on behalf of the NYC Health Department (DOHMH), is accepting applications from food retail outlets in low-income neighborhoods to develop and implement a fruit and vegetable incentive pilot program. Through this program, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants who use their benefits to buy fruits and vegetables will receive additional money for purchase of fruits and vegetables. The pilot program is funded through a grant from the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
If you are interested in applying, please review the below Request for Proposals (RFP) and send the completed application to [email protected] by March 17, 2017.
Q&A Notes: from Conference Call
Key project details include:
- Applicants must be a food retailer located in a low-income neighborhood, sell fruits and vegetables, and be authorized to accept SNAP benefits
- The selected food retailer will receive up to $60,000 per year in fruit and vegetable incentives with the possibility for additional incentive funding depending on customer demand and funding availability. An additional $4,000 will be provided to support pilot operations.
- Food retailer responsibilities include distributing and redeeming incentives and reporting SNAP and incentive transaction data to DOHMH
- Up to two retailers will be selected for this project
- Applications are due by March 17, 2017, and selected retailer(s) will be notified by March 27, 2017. The program contract will begin in April 2017, and may be renewed each year through April 2020.
- Please send all questions to [email protected] by 11:59pm on February 27. The RFP Q&A Responses will be posted to this page on March 1, 2017.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC), on behalf of the NYC Health Department (DOHMH), has revised the date for the conference call with all potential applicants for the Fruit and Vegetable Incentive Pilot Program RFP, which was originally scheduled on March 6, 2017.
Please find the update notice here: